Accelerator and startup investor Exceptional is holding its Demo Day for the 2022 this Wednesday, July 20, with eight startups from Australia and the US tackling a spread of challenges for individuals with disabilities.
Demo Day concludes Exceptional’s 16-week accelerator program, and provides the founders with concepts starting from wearable rehabilitation robots to Australia’s first audio tourism platform, an opportunity to elucidate how they’re harnessing the ability of tech innovation to drive inclusion of individuals with incapacity.
Every startup has acquired $75,000 in seed funding.
Exceptional founder Pete Horsley expanded into the US this 12 months with a pilot program working with 3 US firms in the 2022 group. A full US cohort will kick off in 2023, in partnership with sister organisation Cerebral Palsy Alliance Analysis Basis (CPARF).
“Exceptional’s Demo Day showcases numerous startups throughout Tourism, MedTech, Assistive Know-how, Smarthome and Health Industries whereas exhibiting the large alternatives that exist in incapacity, well being and ageing,” Horsley mentioned
“This 12 months, to accommodate the time zones of our international cohort, we’re internet hosting two screenings of the startup pitches, which can embrace an opportunity to attach with the founders.”
The primary screening begins at 12pm AEST on July 20 and the second at 1pm. The registration hyperlinks are right here for session one at midday and right here for session 2 at 1pm. The net Demo Day occasion is free and consists of captions, signal language interpretation and audio descriptions.
Horsley mentioned it was thrilling to work with CPARF on the US pilot program.
“In solely a matter of years we’ve gone from an in-person, Australia-based program, to a world on-line program, and now we’re launching bespoke worldwide applications to additional meet market wants,” he mentioned
“The launch of Exceptional US marks an thrilling chapter that may permit us to quickly develop our affect.
“We’d prefer to say an enormous thanks to the unimaginable help we obtain from our companions icare NSW, Telstra Basis and VivCourt, in addition to, the newly launched Exceptional US companions CPARF and SmartJob.”
The worldwide disabled and aged assistive expertise market is predicted to be value US$32 billion by 2026.
Listed here are the startups within the #RA22 cohort presenting on the Exceptional Demo Day.
- Homeable – creates personalised and inclusive sensible house options to extend independence within the house.
- Nuroflux – the world’s first wearable to non-invasively monitor mind exercise and blood movement alongside different very important exercise related to stroke and stroke rehabilitation.
- WearWorks – is a haptics design firm that designs merchandise and experiences that ship data by contact.
- RecoveryVR – supplies a enjoyable and interesting, medication-free, digital actuality software that motivates extra adherence to rehab actions within the house or clinic whereas additionally offering measurement knowledge, adherence monitoring and limitless healthcare entry utilizing a custom-built telehealth portal.
- Participant Assistive Merchandise – is democratizing high-quality assistive merchandise and placing them inside attain of unserved individuals, beginning with the 70 million individuals who want however should not have a wheelchair or the mobility, well being, inclusion, and dignity that an acceptable wheelchair can present.
- Vacayit – Australia’s first audio tourism platform, utilizing storytelling to revolutionise journey for blind and low imaginative and prescient vacationers.
- Biomotum – design sensible wearable robots to empower mobility and discovery in kids with Cerebral Palsy.
- Accessercise – the primary full health app created particularly for individuals with impairments.