The Freelance Writers Den is the on-line neighborhood the place freelance writers discover ways to develop their revenue — quick. Contained in the neighborhood, there are two ranges:
- The Freelance Writers Den is for freelancers who’re simply getting began, studying the fundamentals, and giving this an outdated school strive.
- The Den 2x Earnings Accelerator is for freelancers who’re beginning to get some traction, however not but incomes on the stage they need. They’ve landed just a few shoppers and writing gigs, but it surely’s inconsistent, unreliable, or unsustainable. If that is you, and also you need to develop and take issues to the subsequent stage, learn on.
On this article, we’ll check out the second group, the Den 2x Success Tales. We’ll hear from individuals who dramatically elevated their revenue in a brief period of time.
Earlier than we dive in, let’s rapidly cowl what the Den 2x program is particularly designed to do. Den 2x helps freelance writers double their revenue over 6 to 12 months. Some writers hit that aim a lot sooner, as you’ll see in as we speak’s tales.
Nonetheless, even when it takes you the complete size of the course to hit your aim, that’s nonetheless an enormous win. Think about this time subsequent 12 months making double your revenue, or much more.
For some writers, it may be onerous to think about taking such a large monetary leap in such a brief period of time. That’s why having a roadmap to observe and steps to examine off will help you from spinning your wheels.
Seeing different writers who had been in a position to double their revenue and alter their freelancing journey in such a brief period of time will be inspiring. It’s good to know that it’s attainable and that it doesn’t require a ton of additional abilities or hours upon hours of sending out pitches into the web void.
You may make enormous shifts from just a few easy adjustments, every executed with intention and focus.
Let’s dive into the Den 2x success tales.
Den 2x Success Tales: Neil Pope
Neil Pope is a contract automotive author and a star pupil within the Den 2x class. Throughout the second month of this system, Neil was in a position to double his revenue.
The place did you begin?
“After I began, I had one large consumer. I’d been writing for about 4 years and I had actually backed myself right into a nook. My revenue was happening as an alternative of up. I wasn’t pitching to new shoppers, I wasn’t doing any advertising and marketing, so there was a variety of large holes lacking.”
He had a consumer who was consuming up most of his time and he even was in command of getting the photographs, formatting the posts, and importing them on his personal. As most writers know, these little duties actually add up over time and eat into your general fee if it’s not factored in.
Even with 4 years of writing underneath his belt, it’s a good reminder how straightforward it’s to take a consumer since you want the revenue however then rapidly notice it’s not a dwelling wage. Plus, typically shoppers like that may take up a lot time that you could’t discover any time to hunt for extra work.
It’s a spot that’s straightforward to fall into for many writers, particularly once they’re making an attempt to make ends meet.
The place he was earlier than becoming a member of Den 2x?
Firstly of 2x, his revenue was $30 per day.
He wasn’t doing any pitching and he didn’t have time for advertising and marketing, which left some fairly apparent holes in his general enterprise constructing.
After getting arrange in this system, by month two he was off to the races. After seeing a few of his work on LinkedIn, a possible consumer requested for him to ship in some concepts. The publication accepted 14 out of the 15 concepts he despatched over.
That consumer instantly took his pay from $30 an article to $100 an article.
How has your hourly fee modified?
“My hourly fee went from $7 to $150 an hour. I’m writing articles for $600 now as an alternative of $30.”
In just some months, he went from no consumer results in waking as much as new consumer leads often. He hasn’t centered a lot on outbound advertising and marketing and already has extra requests from his inbound strategies than he might deal with.
He additionally has been deeply learning storytelling and discovering distinctive angles in his trade, which has been paying off in his general writing.
With the ability to take a step again
Certainly one of his favourite realizations was the flexibility to take a step again after a lot success. Whenever you’re frightened about cash it’s straightforward to only grind day by day with out taking a step again to strategize. Strategizing is the way you break by way of the subsequent stage and begin to push your freelance profession forward.
An incredible instance of one in all our Den success tales!
You’ll be able to see extra of Neil’s success on this article on creating recession proof writing.
Den 2x Success Tales: Celeste Ward Altus
On the time of becoming a member of Den 2x, Celeste was making about $300 or so monthly as a author.
The largest change?
“What helped me most to date was optimizing my LinkedIn. I had no thought how effectively that might be a advertising and marketing machine.”
Earlier than she might even get to the stage within the course the place she’s sending out advertising and marketing materials, she rapidly obtained an inbound lead from a possible consumer. That’s the actual energy of LinkedIn and what occurs if you absolutely optimize it to give you the results you want.
After receiving her first inbound lead, Celeste was slightly skeptical. As a result of encouragement of the group, she pitched the next fee than standard and was elated once they accepted it. That was a two month retainer, which was a real game-changer for somebody trying to create reliable-steady revenue as a author.
Outcomes from the primary few months
That consumer then was a $2,500-per-month consumer. That’s an enormous change in a brief period of time. She hadn’t even gotten by way of the entire steps within the course earlier than getting so far, however she took it critically and applied every step at a time.
Generally simply merely following a system and enhancing what you have already got will help give your writing model a much-needed increase.
What she applied on LinkedIn
One of many first issues she did was embrace a “proof bar” the place she included names of manufacturers she’s labored with prior to now. Then she modified her contact data and her bio to draw her preferrred shoppers.
Most writers could be shocked at how a lot some easy tweaks can fully change your leads and general advertising and marketing on-line. When most writers join social media, particularly LinkedIn, they simply fill out the fundamentals and transfer on.
As an alternative, what you need to do is to ensure you’re using each single alternative to draw your dream shoppers and utilizing the fitting key phrases to attach them.
Extra wins from the Den 2X group
Whereas these are a few of our most up-to-date in-depth testimonials, we even have some wins which have been shared within the unique Den 2X Slack group.
Bear in mind, not solely do writers assist assist one another within the group by giving suggestions and inspiring one another when to stay to charges, in addition they assist one another set up boundaries.
When you’ve gotten boundaries as a author, you’re in a position to say no to jobs that aren’t a proper match. Whenever you’re in a position to say no to jobs that aren’t a proper match, you allow extra room for shoppers that are a superb match.
Think about doing a mirrored image on on the finish of the quarter and having the ability to say this, “I’ve gotten so many inbound leads these previous few months it’s insane. And lots of of them are firms that may truly afford my charges
That’s what occurred with Den 2X rockstar, Tolu Ajiboye
When requested what was working for her, she stated, “I can’t say I’ve executed something in another way since den2x, I thinks its simply an accumulation of getting labored with so many purchasers and asking for referrals from my Linkedin connections.”
That is the ability of following a system and persevering with to do what works. Den 2x offers you the framework to maintain going, maintain maximizing your connections, and turning your freelance life right into a money-making system.
It’s not a one-and-done sort of program, it’s a contract way of life system you may enhance or lower as wanted.
Just some weeks later, she adopted up with, “I’m soooo excited. My whole revenue (paid and obtained) for this primary quarter is $36,000
.I have already got $25,000 sure for subsequent quarter (a part of that is for work already executed this quarter however cost nonetheless in progress and others are initiatives booked). And I’m farrrrrr from booked, a lot of house to tackle greater than double the work I have already got booked.”
Georgie Smith is a rockstar that niched down and shares her wins within the group.
“I simply acquired a brand new planner that’s serving to me arrange my life (or so I hope! lol) and I discovered I’m booked with $11,500 value of initiatives in April!”
Not solely does Den 2x educate you learn how to pitch and create methods, however there’s a supportive neighborhood of people that stand beside you if you’re staying agency in your fee. Figuring out your value is a big a part of succeeding as a contract author.
One other win from her just some weeks later, ” I’ve $8500 booked for Could plus one other $3000 work for my large pay as you go in January consumer, so an nearly $12K month.”
Think about having the ability to say this each week, “Monday morning 9 a.m. and have already got 3 inbound leads (good ones!) in my electronic mail. Wow!”
Simply take a second to consider what it might be wish to persistently get leads from shoppers you respect and need to work with in your inbox, repeatedly.
Extra wins from the group
Whereas the ways and techniques given by Den 2X are value each penny of the price, the value of a bunch of writers who assist you and are there to again you up is priceless.
Let’s check out another individuals’s wins and testimonials from the group.
- “I might need simply been supplied my greatest contract with my largest potential consumer ever.” – Annie Keller
- “The pricing sheet I shared on the proposals-negotiation channel was accepted and a $5k/month retainer contract based mostly on that pricing was signed by way of the remainder of the 12 months.” … “May NOT be extra proud to depend Adobe as one in all my shoppers! One other revealed piece, this time with my byline! HolyCOW!!!”- Danyelle Overbo
- “Killing it this month, simply picked up a $1500 white paper on prime of the $8000 value of labor I have already got booked. All due to this unbelievable neighborhood. Due to every one in all you for each day assist and motivation.” – Neil Pope
- “It’s not set in stone but, however I’m on observe to interrupt $12K in writing gigs this 12 months principally because of a big, long-term contract I’ll be beginning in October. My aim is to get to at the very least $15K. I’ve had 5 determine years prior to now however most of it was not from writing. That is probably the most I’ve ever made writing since I began freelancing in 2012.” – Willi Morris
- “I acquired $1,750 for an 1,800-word weblog publish repurposing content material from a presentation I wrote for a similar consumer.” – Allen Taylor
- “Small brag – I’ve simply calculated that I’ll clear $6k this month, working a median of round 3.5 days per week. That’s $429 a day or about $70/hr.” – Tracey Stepanchuk
- “Due to the instruments I acquired in Den 2X to construct a sustainable freelance profession, I don’t have to fret about work. I solely really feel effectively sufficient to work about 2-4 hours most days, however I nonetheless make a constant $7k a month, which blows my thoughts!” – Hailey Hudson
- “For the second month in a row, I’m having to e book new shoppers 2-2.5 months out. Totally booked by way of January and into a part of February. AND I’m planning on taking 10 days off round Christmas.” – Rodika Tollefson
- “I usually don’t give myself sufficient credit score for my successes, particularly since I haven’t been doubling my revenue. As an alternative, I’ve truly nearly halved my hours and nonetheless made the identical cash. In 2018 and 2019 I labored 2100 hours annually. In 2020 (after I joined 2X) I solely labored 1700 hours however made greater than in 2019. This 12 months, I’m on observe to work solely about 1300 hours and can match my 2020 revenue. Wanting in my checking account, I now have 6X the amount of cash I initially invested in November of 2017 after I went full time. I’ve made it work. I’ve executed a variety of scary issues with this program. And I’m truly fairly happy with what I’ve completed.” – Jeanette Smith
- “Hit this for the primary time!! Simply despatched billing to push me over the $20k quarter for This autumn, 2021 – first time ever- Yippee, Huzzah!! Hey Nonny Nonny!!” – Melinda Rizzo
- “Simply acquired again my first signed 5-figure contract. ” – Carol Alexander
- “Gotta love working for the fitting firms. Acquired a rush project as we speak. Quick. No interview. Straightforward weblog publish. Usually I bid and so they settle for, however due to the push, they set me a proposal… greater than $1 a phrase with a 20% rush price.” – Molly Carter
- “I’m so sorry to drop in after just a few months to brag however I HAVE to share. A longtime consumer of mine simply requested me to jot down the report for his or her enormous annual analysis research — the most important and highest-impact piece of content material advertising and marketing for the 12 months. I wrote some government summaries based mostly on the report just a few years in the past, and keep in mind pondering I wished to jot down the complete factor sometime… that day is right here!” – Sylvie Tremblay
Need Extra Proof?
This web page is stuffed with written testimonials, from extra freelancers identical to you.
This web page is stuffed with video testimonials, from extra freelancers identical to you.
What Den 2x Can Do for You
Freelance Writers Den 2X Earnings Accelerator is a 6-month, small-group mastermind that additionally offers you one-on-one teaching. The aim is to get you to double your revenue inside one 12 months, however as you may see from some previous college students, it’s attainable to hit it even sooner.
Every month is designed that can assist you concentrate on totally different facets of the income-growing journey.
- Month 1: Analyze your present consumer base and set your thoughts in your new objectives
- Month 2: Arrange your inbound funnels
- Month 3: Rapidly discover easy-to-land shoppers
- Month 4: Discover your preferrred consumer and begin to market to them
- Month 5: Double-down in your greatest advertising and marketing tactic
- Month 6: Streamline your advertising and marketing efforts to make it as clean as attainable
In the event you’ve been in search of a bunch to carry you accountable and in addition get suggestions in your advertising and marketing concepts, you’ve discovered the fitting place!